Summer Camp Counselor
Great Pay! Club Perks including FREE Club Membership
& Discounts at the Pro Shop & Cafe!
Great Pay! Club Perks including FREE (Gym, Classes and Indoor and Outdoor Pool) Club Membership until end of the year 2023. and Discounts at the Pro Shop & Cafe! Work with an Amazing Team!
$100 Signing Bonus – Be hired by Oxford before April 30th, 2023 and complete 7 weeks of camp!
Oxford Athletic Club Summer Camp offers unique, creative, and challenging programs focused in arts, sciences, and athletics designed to empower self-discovery and growth. We offer dozens of dynamic and inclusive activities for children ages 4 – 12 that are designed to bring children together while diversifying their interests to grow well-rounded families.
We are looking for enthusiastic Camp Counselors to join our team this summer!
Camp Counselors will lead, support, and motivate campers at OAC Summer Camp. Camp Counselors will help lead group events and supervise campers . Counselors should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience.
Camp Counselors should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. They should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills.
Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
- Working with other camp staff members to coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to head counselor
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
Camp Counselor Requirements:
- Experience working in camps, with children, or with specific activities may be preferred.
- First aid, CPR, and additional training may be required or beneficial.
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of children.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Location: Oxford Athletic Club (100 Village Club Drive, Wexford, PA 15044)
Camp Dates: 10 consecutive weeks starting the week of June 12 (last day of camp is August 14)
*Counselors should be prepared for 3-4 days of training late May-early June.
Camp hours: 9am-3pm
Weekly schedule is on the website.
Counselors are asked to work at least 7-8 out of the 10 weeks of camp.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)